The Partnership for Children of Wayne County, Inc. is a non-profit organization designed to provide programs and services for families and children in Wayne County, North Carolina. We build partnerships with families and the community to create a comprehensive system of early care and education. In doing so, our community leads the way in building a brighter future for all of North Carolina.
The Partnership for Children of Wayne County…
- is a catalyst for bringing different groups together for the sake of the children.
- educates the community on the critical needs of young children and helps develop solutions.
- administers Smart Start funds from the state legislature to support programs to benefit children ages 0-5 and their families.
- administers the NC Pre-K Program, which is designed to provide at-risk four-year olds an opportunity for quality preschool education.
- manages the Safe Kids-Wayne County Chapter along with other collaborating agencies to promote the prevention of accidental childhood injuries.
MISSION: The Partnership for Children provides or connects families with early care & education, health, and family support services needed for young children.
VISION: Children will receive the start they need to become educated, healthy, and self-reliant people who strengthen the social and economic future of Wayne County.
The Partnership for Children of Wayne County offers many training opportunities for Child Care Providers that range from CPR to Fire Safety and from Drama Theatre Playtime to Getting Messy with Science.