The Partnership For Children of Wayne County is governed by a local all-volunteer Board of Directors.
Goal: Together with other directors, the Board is responsible for ensuring effective and fiscally sound programs and operations by providing leadership, advice, and direction to the staff and volunteers of the organization.
Matthew Whittle, Chair, Executive Director , Habitat for Humanity
Dr. Paul Rutter, Vice-Chair, Director, Evening College, University of Mount Olive
Bill Batts, Treasurer, Owner, Small World Child Care Center
Selena Bennett, Secretary, Director, Communities Supporting Schools
Donna Phillips, At-Large, Director, Wayne County Public Library
Felicia Brown, Assistant Director, Parks & Recreation, City of Goldsboro
Kriquette Davis, Vice President of Operations, Family YMCA
Linda Holden-Cox, Director, Wayne Uplift
Ken Derksen, Public Information Officer, Wayne County Public Schools
Shirvon Holland, Family Advocacy Nurse, Seymour Johnson AFB
Anitra (Dee) Hurley-Holmes, Director, UPS
Kevin Johnson, Director, Cooperative Extension Service
Davin Madden, Director, Wayne County Health Department
Dr. Katherine T. MacDonald, Physician, Goldsboro Pediatrics
Dr. Patty Pfeiffer, Vice-President, Wayne Community College
Paula Schultze, Insurance, Crawford Henderson
Cordelia Wilcox, Human Resource Director, University of Mount Olive
Christina Williams, , Marketing, Maxwell Center
Responsibilities of a Partnership Board
1. Determine, clarify, and sustain the partnership’s vision and mission.
2. Select the Executive Director.
3. Support the Executive Director, and regularly evaluate in writing his/her performance.
4. Engage in strategic and organizational planning.
5. Ensure that there are adequate resources.
6. See that resources are managed effectively.
7. Approve and monitor the partnership’s programs and services e.g. monitor results.
8. Understand the relationship between board and staff.
9. Enhance, at all times, the partnership’s image in the community.
10. Carefully select and orient new board members.
11. Organize itself so that the board operates efficiently.
12. Assess its own performance.
For more information on our meetings, or how to volunteer with the Partnership, please contact Valerie Wallace, Executive Director, at 919-735-3371 ext. 231 or at email@example.com.