Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) is a department of the Partnership for Children of Wayne County (PFCW). Wayne County Resource and Referral was established to address the need to build accessible, high-quality child care in communities by working with families, providers, employers, trainers, funders, policy-makers, and others. CCR&R is a member of NACCRRA (National Child Care Resource & Referral Association) and is funded through money received by Smart Start.
We are dedicated to promoting child care quality, affordability, and availability for all Wayne County’s children. To achieve this, CCR&R aims to:
- help parents find quality child care that best meets their family needs,
- maintain comprehensive databases of child care providers in their communities, including licensed family child care homes and child care centers,
- track providers’ licensing status, the languages they speak, the age groups they serve, the schedules they offer, and the number of spaces available in centers or family child care homes,
- work with providers to improve the quality of child care and to maintain and expand the supply of child care,
- provide training and other services that help providers stay in business,
- compile and disseminate information on the statewide supply and demand for child care,
- educate local communities and leaders to understand child care issues and to plan effectively to address child care needs,
- provide a lending library,
- provide finger printing services,
- distribute monthly newsletters,
- advocate on behalf of children and family issues.
CCR&R services are free and available to all parents and child care providers.
For more information please contact CCR&R at 919-735-3371, x 231
Checklist for Visiting a Family Child Care Home
Checklist for Visiting a Child Care Center
Early Childhood Brain Development Video
Grow A Child Parent Resource Website
Infant Toddler Safe Sleep Checklist
Kindergarten Readiness Brochure
Parent’s Little Book of Info
Star Rated License